Video Tutorials in a Blended Approach to Teacher PD
11th August 2017
We mentioned the recent Educator Confidence Report from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt a few days ago in the context of teachers spending their own money on tech PD.One other nugget of information in that report was (a) how teachers learn about tech vs. (b) how they would like to learn about tech.Top 3 Ways Educators Learn About Using Technology Effectively in the Classroom:
- Informal discussions with other teachers
- Formal school/district CPD provision
- Resources included with instructional resources (Note: for this we've read hardware / software tutorials from vendors)
- Example lesson plans
- Online tutorials
- Classroom coaching
- How might classroom coaches use video tutorials to create a flipped learning environment?
- How might video be used to share best practice amongst colleagues?
- How can formal offline CPD build on informal online learning opportunities?
- How can vendors use workshops, educator communities and video to go beyond product-specific learning?
Let's Work together
We’re a team of media professionals and educators that want to inspire a generation of global learners through smart, engaging educational content they love.
More about our services