Producer / Director (Maternity Cover)
To start mid-June 2019
We are seeking an online Producer / Director for a fixed term contract (maternity cover).
Makematic work with amazing brands like Microsoft, Crayola and Adobe to craft exceptional video and animated content for educators and families. We are seeking an experienced producer/director to join the team in our Derry-Londonderry studio.
As an Online Producer / Director you’ll take each project from concept through to completion. Covering all aspects from development – from concepts and instructional design, through to script-writing, producing, directing & editing the final pieces. You’ll also work with our team of talented animators to add a layer of 2d animation to your films – or indeed create full frame animation.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years commercial experience as a producer for either TV or the web. You’ll have an amazing portfolio of work and a well-honed understanding of what it takes to make short form content engaging, memorable and impactful. We’d particularly like to hear from candidates with branded content experience.
- Manage the production workflow from concept to delivery
- Working with the COO and Operations Manager to define project budgets and schedules and taking responsibility for delivery for same
- Developing creative treatments and owning the creative vision for every project
- Directing and managing shoots
- Directly managing your project team including Asst Producers, Animators, Script Writers, Editors and expert contributors
- Sourcing contributors
- Work with our writers to create awesome scripts
- Liaising directly with clients in multiple time zones
- Regular reporting to Senior Management team
- Ensure content is fully compliant with copyright, 3rd party agreements, Risk Assessments and Health & Safety law
- Directly manage and mentor junior members on your team – including setting their 90 Day Goals
- Ensure production post-paperwork is accurate and delivered on time
- 3yrs professional experience developing for TV or web
- Detailed knowledge of production workflows
- Ability to work to budget & schedule
- Communicate ideas and information clearly and concisely
- Proven script-writing ability (preferably short-form)
- Exceptional showreel
- Industry references
- Ability to self-shoot / edit
- Experience pitching creative concepts and getting buy-in for your ideas
- Can sift through large amounts of information and select what is really important
- Experience of the education sector
- Experience working with animators and motion graphics artists