Partnerships Development Manager (EMEA)
SE England Preferred
Makematic is redefining how brands and non-profits engage with both formal and informal education at the K-12 level. We work with authentic, value-led brands to craft and distribute exceptional short form video and animated content for educators and families.
We are seeking an experienced business development or partnerships professional to identify and secure new collaborative projects with non-profit and government partners.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will engage directly with potential non-profit partners to devise collaborative proposals for educational media projects. You will then seek out and secure funding – from commercial, philanthropic and government sources – for these projects. Internally, you will work closely with senior management to craft compelling creative proposals and engage with our Marketing Manager to devise lead generation strategies.
This is a senior role within a fast-growth venture-backed company that thrives on creativity, tackling complex problems and building high-value partnerships. It will suit someone with an entrepreneurial and creative mindset – as a well as a deep seated interest in education and social impact. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years experience securing funding for cause-driven initiatives with budgets in excess of £100,000.
- Working with the CEO, develop a targeted list of potential partners – specifically non-profit organisations seeking to establish thought leadership positions within the education space
- Work with existing and new partners to develop ambitious new project proposals and secure funding from commercial, government and philanthropic sources for same
- Achieve and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Regularly attend key industry events and seek out speaking and exhibiting opportunities
- Develop and deliver compelling client pitches and proposals – both in-person and written
- Liaise with the Content and Production team during client handovers and on-boarding of new clients
- Work with the Content and Production teams to identify new product formats and creative concepts, providing insight from partners and prospective partners.
- Build meaningful relationships with existing partners and funders to ensure long term revenue growth
- Participate in regular Senior Team meetings and strategic planning sessions
- Regular reporting to the CEO and Board, including market intelligence and insight
- Collaborate with counterparts in N America to craft joint pitches
- Identify and propose new strategic collaborations and partnerships
- Regular travel throughout UK and occasional international travel
- A minimum of 5yrs experience in developing successful project proposals in education or non-profit sectors is essential. A relevant degree qualification and experience working within a start-up company are also advantageous
- Track record of securing funding for projects with budgets in excess of £100,000
- An existing network of relevant contacts
- Deep expertise and contacts in education, philanthropy and/or government
- A global mindset and experience collaborating with partners internationally
- A resilient self-starter with strong negotiation skills and a tenacious approach to problem solving. You’ll be confident developing creative pitches and managing a high-touch consultative sales process
- Strong business skills including the ability to analyse and react to market trends, and develop accurate financial forecasts
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout EMEA
- UK-based with the ability to work remotely
- Exceptional references
- Impeccable personal integrity