Derry or Belfast
Closing date: May 17, 2019
Makematic work with amazing brands like Microsoft, Crayola and Adobe to craft exceptional video and animated content for educators and families. As Operations Manager you will be responsible for budgets, schedules, workflow and compliance across the company, reporting directing to the COO.
A typical day will include leading project meetings, communicating with stakeholders through a variety of mediums, updating status reports and project plans, forecasting capacity, and ensuring the delivery of projects on time and on budget.
This is a senior and complex role within a fast-growing venture backed company. The ideal candidate will be confident, process-driven leader with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in project management and operations roles.
As a member of our Senior Team you will also take part in strategic planning sessions. Media industry experience is a bonus but not essential.
- Under the direction of the COO, undertake day-to-day management of the production team
- Work with COO and Producers to develop production budgets + schedules for each new project; and own the management and reporting of same
- Draft and update project documents including budgets, project charters, project plans, communications plans and resource reports.
- Run scheduled weekly status meetings (pit stops) with production teams in order to measure and track project progress.
- Ensure all productions and staff adhere to current legislation for HR, Health + Safety, insurance, data protection, etc.
- Manage detailed daily communication with internal teams and external project stakeholders.
- Track holidays, sick days etc… and work to maximise allocation of staff and freelance resources
- Conduct performance appraisals and manage poor performance
- Oversee on-boarding of new team members
- Support the Business Development team to develop costed proposals for new projects
- Participate in regular Senior Management meetings and strategic planning sessions
- Collate data from past projects to forecast capacity, resources and future hiring requirements
- Creative problem-solving, scenario planning and change management.
- Coach and manage a Project Coordinator through weekly one-on-ones and daily supervision of work, and contribute to their growth and development within the team.
- 5-7 years work experience in senior project management or operations roles, including extensive budget and project planning experience
- Ability to organise yourself and a large team, prioritise workloads, delegate when necessary and take ownership of deliverables
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence in playing a leadership role with project teams
- Strong creative problem-solving and decision making abilities
- Strong people skills – your ability to build rapport with your colleagues is important – whilst holding them accountable for deliverables
- A positive persona and a good sense of humour
- Ability to travel regularly between our offices in Derry-Londonderry and Belfast, and occasionally internationally
- Experience of the media sector
- Relevant 3rd level degree and/or professional project management qualifications
- Proficiency in a variety of project management and collaboration tools, specifically Google Apps and Asana
- Experience working with corporate partners