Derry or Belfast
We are seeking to appoint a full-time MARKETING MANAGER to help drive licensing sales in both the UK and international markets.
Makematic develop professional learning content with some of the world’s leading educational brands and our Marketing Manager will define and implement marketing strategies – targeting both B2C and B2B markets – that surpass these partners’ expectations.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years commercial experience in a similar post and be able to demonstrate expertise across a range of (primarily) digital marketing strategies, in particular, content-driven marketing.
The Marketing Manager will take responsibility for all marketing related activities across two distinct market segments, namely; international school chains and public sector programmes. They’ll use a range of online and offline strategies – specifically content marketing (eg white papers, case studies) – to drive awareness, generate leads and ultimately help us win new business.
Typical duties will include:
- Manage a small marketing team
- Work with the CEO to define marketing goals and provide regular reporting on outcomes
- Develop detailed marketing plans for all channels
- Develop and test creative new marketing approaches
- Research and analyse key market trends
- Oversee the development of promotional materials, digital media content, advertisements, white papers, sales collateral etc…
- Implement online marketing campaigns using a combination of social media, paid placements, paid search and SEO
- Identify PR opportunities
- Identify (and attend if necessary) key trade events
- Appoint and manage external marketing suppliers
- Manage the marketing budget
- 3 years commercial experience in a senior marketing role, ideally in a B2B environment
- Clear and confident communicator
- Experience designing and implementing digital marketing strategies, and reporting on their impact
- Clear understanding of the link between marketing and business development functions
- Experience working with common industry tools including analytics and CRM packages
- A flair for creativity
- A 3rd level degree in a marketing or business related discipline
- Experience in marketing to public sector and / or educational buyers
- Digital media skills (eg. basic video editing or graphic design)
- Demonstrable knowledge of the education sector
- Attractive salary in-line with experience
- Employee bonus scheme
- Hardware & software allowance
- Training allowance
The successful candidate will be able to identify successful B2B marketing campaigns and initiatives that they have designed, implemented and led – ideally in a public sector or educational environment. They will be able to demonstrate how these efforts had a direct commercial impact.
The post is based in either Derry-Londonderry or Belfast.