Derry, N. Ireland
We are seeking to appoint a full-time INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER to help identify and design new content for our team of experienced producers and animators to develop. The focus will be on the development of professional learning resources for K-12 educators, specifically across technology, classroom innovation and design.
This is a significant role within a fast-growing media startup – and an opportunity for the right candidate to make a meaningful impact from day one.
Bring New Ideas to the Table
- Work with senior management to identify and propose new topics and themes for development. You will be responsible for making a case for your ideas at regular pre-production meetings.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on key trends and technologies in K-12 education. You’ll need to become a voracious reader to keep up with this.
- Attend and participate in various industry events
Build a Team of Expert Contributors
- Develop and oversee a panel of subject matter experts to help advise on concept and script development. You will be in charge of building these relationships and managing their contributions.
Conduct Research and Turn it into Clear Documentation and Outline Scripts
- Conduct research calls with content partners (universities, museums, technology companies etc…) and subject matter experts. You’ll also conduct content audits with partners to identify relevant source materials that we can work from.
- Distill contributor expertise into high-level concept documents and script outlines
- Identify key learning outcomes for all proposed content. And then liaise with the production team to ensure those learning outcomes are met in the finished content.
- Organise and facilitate feedback and user testing sessions with classroom teachers
- Support the CEO in developing proposals for content partners and client companies
- Exceptional research skills – online and via interviews
- An ability to translate complex concepts into simple, bitesized learning opportunities – and communicate these effectively through clear documentation
- Clear verbal and written communication skills including research reports and outline scripts
- Ability to persuasively “sell” your ideas internally
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Attractive salary in-line with experience
- Pension scheme
- Employee equity scheme
- Hardware & software allowance
The position would ideally suit someone with a background in education or instructional design OR with experience as a researcher / writer / editor in a digital media production role.
Whilst a degree or other qualification in a related discipline may be an advantage we are most interested in a proven ability to deliver in a workplace setting. The successful candidate will be able to identify educational / media projects where they have made a direct and meaningful impact.
The post is based in our offices in Derry-Londonderry but we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for the right applicant.